Hi all. I'm back from vacay. I cut it down this winter to two and a half weeks. It was great to relax and spend time with my family. I'm back on the mountain getting ready for the next semester. It's cold and wet here. Just yesterday we had about an inch of snow in the morning. The following is an update from Dr. Yang about the Retreat Center. Check out the new Skype Seminars we are offering!!
Happy new year! I wish everybody a great 2013. Here is an update of current events to start off the new year:
YMAA Live! Online Seminars
We will be teaching online seminars at the YMAA Retreat Center this year. If you are interested, pleas sign-up or email us to see if anybody can co-host with you.
2013 YMAA South American Camp
YMAA International will be holding the first YMAA South American Summer Camp in Pucon, Chile from February 12 - 24, 2013. If you are interested in this camp, please visit the YMAA Chile website at www.ymaa.cl.
Applications Received For 5-Year ProgramAbout 23 total people have shown serious interest in the 5-Year Program, and several of them have visited the center already. We will select the best applicants to visit the center for a Trial & Interview Period from March - June. If you wish to know more about program, please visit: http://www.ymaa-retreatcenter.org/full-t
Summer Seminars 2013We had a great turnout for last summer's seminars and are looking forward to this year. Here are the seminars that will be offered for 2013:
|July 5th-12th||Traditional Taijiquan/Taiji Sword (Please Choose One)|
|July 12th-19th||Taiji Pushing Hands and Applications|
|July 19th-26th||Qigong-1 (Qigong Theory and Spine Qigong)|
|July 26th-Aug. 2nd||Qigong-2 (Medical Qigong)|
|August 2nd-9th||Qigong-8 (Muscle/Tendon Changing, Marrow/Brain Washing Qigong and Grand Circulation)|
The maximum number of participants per seminar is 21, so try to register ASAP. Lodging also fills up fast. Please see the attached PDF for current lodging availability. Please also be aware:
- We are unable to accommodate very specific dietary needs and meals, although though we can provide some vegetarian meals.
- You should arrive on a Friday and depart on a Friday. Friday is the reserved arrival and departure day, so there are no seminar activities then.
- Payments should be made by sending a check (USA only) or using PayPal. PayPal payments should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you register for a free PayPal account, you can send money through PayPal using a credit card. More information at www.paypal.com. Please email us if you have any difficulty.
- There are two prearranged pickup times at the Eureka/Arcata (ACV) airport. If you are able to arrive at the airport at either 3:00pm or 7:00pm, the round-trip transportation fee is $50 per person. If you are unable to arrive for a 3:00pm or 7:00pm pickup, you can arrange a different pickup time with us, but the round-trip fee will be $100 per person. We would like to encourage carpooling as much as possible to save on gas and reduce pollution, so please try to make the prearranged pickup times. The drive to the center is roughly 90 minutes from the airport.
- If you have to cancel your registration, here is the policy:
Before January 1st ---------------- 100% Refund ($50 Service Fee will be Deducted)
Before February 28th -------------- 90% Refund ($50 Service Fee will be Deducted)
Before March 31st ------------------ 80% Refund ($50 Service Fee will be Deducted)
Before April 30th ------------------- 70% Refund ($50 Service Fee will be Deducted)
Before May 31st -------------------- 60 % Refund ($50 Service Fee will be Deducted)
After May 31st ---------------------- No Refund
- Transfer to Next Seminar (Effective Only One Year):
Before March 31st ------------------ 100% Transfer
Before April 30th ------------------- 80% Transfer
Before May 31st -------------------- 60 % Transfer
After May 31st ---------------------- 50% Transfer
California Seminars 2013
(July 5th – August 9th)
You are also always welcome to come and train with the disciples during non-seminar times as well:
California Regular Training
(September 1st – December 15th; January 16th – June 30th)
Thank you for your time. I wish you all the best for 2013.
Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming